Washington Libertarian Review

Political commentary from the State of Washington with a libertarian perspective.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

When in doubt, blame somebody else

Relatives of deceased peace activist Rachel Corrie are suing Caterpillar Inc., maker of the tractor that ran her over in the middle east a few years ago. "The federal lawsuit, which was to be filed Tuesday, alleges Caterpillar violated international and state law by providing bulldozers to Israeli Defense Forces that it knew would be used to demolish homes and endanger people."

Hmmm. Lessee, when is ANY heavy equipment NOT used to do heavy work? When is the use of any such equipment NOT dangerous?

Can anybody think why there needs to be an international law against selling tractors to run people over? Oh yeah. I can see it now.

"Brrrinng."

"Hello, Caterpillar Tractor company."

"Yes, I'd like to buy some tractors so I can use them to run over some peace activists."

"Sure, how many do you want? And let me tell you, we are currently running a discount for terrorists and wartime uses of our equipment."

"Great! I'll double my order."

Story here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home