Washington Libertarian Review

Political commentary from the State of Washington with a libertarian perspective.

Friday, June 10, 2005

"F DUBYA" too hot for state officials

Following a spate of complaints, the Washington State Department of Licensing revoked a controversial license plate that said "F DUBYA." Undaunted, owner Dan Kaiser put one of the two plates up for auction on eBay.

According to Kaiser, "I had this plate on my car for 4 months before receiving a letter from the DOL informing me that they determined my plate to be 'Offensive to good taste and decency.' This plate has changed my life. I receive comments all day long while driving around town. Usually it's either a middle finger or a thumbs up. (My own personal 'up or down' vote). I feel like KRAMER driving around with his ASSMAN plates. I've had people wanting their pictures taken beside the plate, had interesting conversations at gas stations, many waves and horn toots. It's been a blast."

As of this post, bidding for the plate had reached $1,526.00, with 2 days to go. Never underestimate American ingenuity.

UPDATE: 6/11/05

Now it appears the plate was too hot for ebay as well. The site now says: "This listing (3978277794) has been removed by eBay or is no longer available." Ten cents says the bidding will continue off line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home